CigiSite employs cookies to enhance your online experience. Cookies are little text files that are saved to your computer's or browser's hard drive. When you visit a website or log in to an online portal, these files keep track of your activities.
Cookies, in most cases, do not detect or store any personally identifying information (PII) on your computer. Your input into a website form will be the source of any personal information they hold. When a cookie does save personal information from a web form, it is coded in such a way that only the entity that created it may view it.
This page explains what cookies are, how we use them to create a better experience for you and how you can control cookies on your computer.
When you visit our website, we may gather information about your activities. The cookies will enable us to analyze data such as how much time you spend on our website and which pages you visit. We use your information to provide you with a more personalized experience on our website now and in the future.
Types of Cookies
Here's some background on the several sorts of cookies :
- Temporary Cookies/Session Cookies : Session cookies are automatically removed from your browser once you close it. Websites use temporary cookies to store information like items you have recently browsed.
- Persistent Cookies : These stay on your browser after it’s closed and are often used so you don’t have to re-enter information every time you visit a site. For example, if you abandon a shopping cart and visit it again a few weeks later to find the items are still in your checkout – this will be because of persistent cookies.
- First-Party Cookies : First-party cookies are set by the website you visit. They may be used to track preferences and even store personal information within a site.
- Authentication Cookies : These are used by web servers to check whether or not you are logged in to serve you with private information related to your authentication.
- Third-Party Cookies : Many sites use third-party cookies which collect data and send information to sites that do not have a direct relationship with the website you are visiting.
Cookies that CigiSite Uses
Here is a list of cookies that CigiSite uses to improve your experience on our website and communications.
- XSRF-TOKEN : This cookie is set by Wix and is used for security purposes.
- _ga_VJEST1DQCC : This cookie is installed by Google Analytics.
- _ga : The _ga cookie, installed by Google Analytics, calculates visitor, session and campaign data and also keeps track of site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognize unique visitors.
- _gid : Installed by Google Analytics, _gid cookie stores information on how visitors use a website, while also creating an analytics report of the website's performance. Some of the data that are collected include the number of visitors, their source, and the pages they visit anonymously.
- _gat_gtag_ : Set by Google to distinguish users.
How to Remove Cookie Tracking
To disable cookies in your browser, follow the instructions below. If you do, we cannot guarantee that your website experience will be as good as it will be if cookies are allowed.
Most internet browsers are set to allow cookies by default. You can disable this feature in your browser's settings or delete previously stored cookies.
Here's how to manage your cookies from your desktop, according to the browsers: